Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holidays and such



I've had a very hectic week so the first thing to get neglected was my blog. Last friday night Maikha and I travelled to Wagga for my end of uni cohort party where everyone had a smashing time. Here we are looking all loved up before the do, aww!

Next morning, after a wander around Wagga, we headed back to the coast to pack, in readiness for my families holiday to Shellharbour on Sunday. We left the puppy and home after promising him a holiday next time we took the van somewhere, he was very sad :(

But... after a wheel fell off the van and Mum and Dad sat on the side of the highway for 5 hours waiting to be towed we were lucky that Peewee wasnt with us. The first two tow truck drivers did more damage to the van and the third was a godsend who finally got us to the caravan park before dark. Seeing our 16 ft van in the air on a truck with one wheel was a scary sight, but atleast it is still in one piece and we can have our holiday before the final repairs need to be carried out in February.

The weather on the coast has, so far, been a mixed bag, with rain, wind and sun all in out first week of holidays. Yesterday I knitted for atleast 5 hours getting stuck into the lace for Mum's Ruby Ishbel, which I will hopefully have done by Christmas, depending upon how many A-B repeats she wants.

Today we're back in Kangaroo Valley for my cousins wedding. There will be alot of family around and I'm sure we will party late into the night.

1 comment:

Kellykat said...

Awww, look at the happy couple! :D