Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crazy Warm Weather Knitting

Yes I am officially knitting nuts! I have just finished a 10 ply meret in the middle of summer! Mostly because I am sick of 4 ply and wanted a change from my current shawl obsession. So here are pics of it being worn by my marigolds:


Myself in a singlet top and a winter beret, lol:



And Mums Royal Doulton, hehe:

And now that it is finished I am moving back to a shawl. I thought a springtime bandit with black BWM would be something fun to attempt in the middle of summer so that I will actually be able to see the stitches! I have no idea who will get any of these projects but I am still making things, and making things........... and making things.
On the nursing front..... I have confirmation of my start date and my rotations during the year. Medical, Surgical, Peri- operative then Mental Health. Three months at each. Ive also been given my annual leave dates in September, so a cruise is probably my best option. Been looking at one that leaves from Brissy so I will be able to look around the city, which Ive never been to before and probably see Ma and Pa who will be around Qld as well.
Next week Im heading south for Maikhas and my long awaited Vic holiday! Lots of things planned in Echuca, Bendigo, Wangaratta and a detour through Myrtleford to see a mate. Photos will follow soon after we return.
BTW, I would have posted a photo of my Registration Certificate but I dont know how to do the fuzzy out thingy to block out the personal stuff on it! I am so proud of it I am willing to tell everyone, even blogland!

2 comments:

Kellykat said...

Your berets look very pretty.

A black shawl sounds very adventurous, have fun with that.

While down south, you should take a detour to Bendigo Woollen Mills. :)

Kylie said...

You will have to pop in and say hi when you are in Brisbane - hope you had a nice little trip around Vic and NSW:)

The hat looks great - I am working on a 4ply sharl in black from bendi at the moment:)